Directions For Taking Homeopathic Remedies
- Avoid strong odors, perfumes, essential oils, Vicks VapoRub and other mentholated topical ointments, etc. when taking homeopathic medications.
- Avoid raw garlic and coffee as these nullify the effects of the medicine.
- Do not eat or drink or put any substance in your mouth for 20 minutes before taking the medicine and 30 minutes after.
- Do not touch the medicine: Tap a few pellets into the cap of the vial and empty it directly under your tongue, without touching the medicine. Let the pills dissolve under your tongue.
- Store the medicine away from light, extreme temperature and strong odors.
Please let us know if you are on any other medication or using recreational drugs
Schedules for taking a Homeopathic remedy depend on the condition and the potency given
- High Potency medicine (200, 1M or higher): usually is given as a single dose (this remedy usually works for days and weeks)
- Lower potency medicines (6C, 12C, 30C) can be repeated
- 1M or LM potencies, when prepared in water, are usually taken daily, and additional instructions are provided for their use.
Repeating a medicine depends on the response it causes in the patient. If improvement continues, then the medicine is stopped, but if symptoms begin to return, the medicine may be repeated in the same or a higher potency. We may also choose to change the remedy entirely depending on the response to prior medication.
Please call or email us with any questions or concerns.